Monday, August 4, 2008

Drool...Double Drool


I love Dean & Deluca and I love lobster rolls. So, you can only imagine how excited I was when I saw that Dean & Deluca is sending its customers Maine-caught lobster in one of two rolls this summer: light mayo, lemon and celery or mayo and tarragon. Right now, the lobster is prime to eat, because it's weeks before shedder season when lobsters molt, meaning soft shells and wimpy meat.

As far as fresh lobster goes, it's "reasonably" priced at $135 for eight rolls (plus $35 for mandatory next day shipping). However, I by no means mean to suggest that this is a deal. It's Dean & Deluca after all- but as always, you pay for quality.

But even if no decadent picnics are in your future, at least get on the Dean & Deluca mailing, because it's basically like Playboy for foodies.

http://www.deandeluca.com/new-and-seasonal/picnic/lobster-rolls.aspx

No comments: