Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Oh yeah, because a "modest privacy wall" makes it all okay. WTF! Available now for wholesale?@?!?!?!? The units cost $1,400 apiece and the minimum order is 12. So yeah, you could crap and piss out in the open with 23 other people? Made in China...SURPRISE.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
So much, in fact, that Alec Greven's dating primer, "How to Talk to Girls" - which began as a handwritten, $3 pamphlet sold at his school book fair - hit the shelves nationwide last week.
"Pretty girls are like cars that need a lot of oil."
He advises, "The best choice for most boys is a regular girl. Remember, some pretty girls are coldhearted when it comes to boys. Don't let them get to you."
Over a few Shirley Temples yesterday at Langan's on West 47 Street, Alec said that he culled his wisdom by peeking at his peers at play. "I saw a lot of boys that had trouble talking to girls," Alec said. As for his how-to, he concedes, "I never expected people to buy it like a regular book in a bookstore."
But with classic plain-spoken advice - like "comb your hair and don't wear sweats" - it's no surprise his 46-page book was a hit with boys and girls of all ages.
He believes the best way to approach a girl is to keep it to a simple "hi." "If I say hi and you say hi back, we're probably off to a good start," he said.
Alec's mother, Erin Greven, credits her son's beyond-his-years insight to his avid reading.
"He reads nonstop. At dinner, I say, 'Put your book down,' " she said. Alec - who just finished a children's book on the Watergate scandal - said he wants to be a full-time writer when he grows up, with a weekend job in archaeology or paleontology.
1. Australia - It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.
2. France - Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of the music in the radio must be by French composers.
3. Thailand - It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear (This unfortunately may be a slight issue for some of my dearest friends).
4. Italy - It is an offence for women of 'ill repute or evil looks' to enter a cheese factory in the area of Ferrara.
5. Scotland - It is illegal to be a drunk while in possession of a cow.... again, I'm worried.
6. France - It is illegal in Antibes to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background.
7. Lebanon - Men are legally allowed to have sex with animals so long as the animals are female. It is illegal to have sex with a male animal.
8. China - Women are prohibited from walking around a hotel room in the nude. A woman may only be naked whilst in the bathroom. (this can't possibly be followed)
Monday, December 1, 2008
Intermix - 15% off sale & full priced items with the code "CYBER" at checkout!
Old Navy - Get 20% off with the code "SAVENOW" at checkout!
Singer 22 - Get 20% off with the code "TURKEY20" at checkout!
Eye Candy Buy Candy - Get 40% off with the code "OMG40"
Manhattinite - Get 40% off with the code "CyberMonday" at checkout!
Piperlime - Get 20% off with the code "MONDAY" at checkout!
Queen Bee - Get 40% off all full-priced items with the code "BLACKFRIDAY08" at checkout!
Victoria's Secret - Get 20% off your order (except Ugg, Frye and the Fantasy Bra) with the code "GET20" at checkout. This sale lasts until Wed!
EDressMe - Certain designer dresses for only $75
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Justin Timberlake made a surprise appearance on SNL with Beyonce last night. Check out what happens when Beyonce gets new male dancers for her “Single Ladies” music video. Edit in Terminal
Friday, November 14, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
This is way too cute... the original showed about 50 kids. How do you find 50 talented little ones like this? I can't deal!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I was just reading that a former Hollywood Madame tells Ian Halperin that Smith “has swung both ways for years” and hired two male prostitutes off of her. She continues to reveal that, "I had to reassure him over and over that I could guarantee discretion. Once I convinced him I could, he placed his order. It was for a man. I had 14 women working for me and two guys. You’d be surprised at how many Hollywood stars requested the services of the guys."
I don't know... I think you've really made it when people rumor you to be gay. Tom Cruise, John Travolta and now Will Smith. Of course, when you can't make it - a la Lindsay Lohan - just pretend to be gay for real and come out of the closet for some publicity...However, these things always have a smidge of truth, right? I mean, how long ago were these same magazines/tabloids reporting the demise of Guy Ritchie and Madonna?
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Finally! A new Beyonce song I like!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Thanks, Kim, for this sexy, vaguely inappropriate PSA... but seriously- when was that bikini a good idea?
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
- That compromise bailout plan intended to save the economy? Yeah, it failed.
- The Dow proceeded to drop 778 points, the largest one-day loss in nearly 2 decades. Many people just kissed their asses and life savings goodbye.
- Republicans blame Nancy Pelosi for giving an offensive speech before the vote, which included partisan remarks like recognizing that Bush inherited surpluses and now the economy sucks.
- Citigroup just bought out Wachovia's banking sector, eliminating more competition.