Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What Would You Do? Likely Not This...

This must come from my "non-survival" skills...as I freely tell everyone I know that if an alien spacecraft or Godzilla ran through downtown Miami, I would probably be unable to run and likely be squished or lasered. And if someone broke into my house? Probably take a back door and RUN!! Well, not Leda Smith.


When 85-year-old Leda Smith from Pennsylvania spotted a 17-year-old would-be burglar inside her home, she knew just what to do, "I just walked right past him to the bedroom and got my gun." She then held the boy hostage with her .22-caliber revolver while she made him call 911, and then waited with him, gun ready, until the police came and arrested the boy for attempted burglary and other related offenses. Smith was excited about catching the burglar and hopes that she "broke up the (burglary) ring" that may be connected with a string of robberies in her neighborhood. SERIOUSLY?!?!?


http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/19/ap/strange/main4362460.shtml?source=RSS&attr=_4362460

No comments: