Wednesday, August 29, 2007

$12 Million Dollar Dog

As most of you know, the "Queen of Mean" Leona Helmsley died recently. However, what really sparked my interest was the fact that she left $12 Million Dollars to her DOG. This wouldn't normally bother me - but two of her grandkids got tried and got NOTHING from her billion dollar estate!

Call me crazy - she only gave away I would say $40 million of her money (including $12 million to dog)... and everything else, including cash from sales of the Helmsley's residences and belongings, reported to be worth billions, she ordered sold and the proceeds given to the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.

Does she not like her family? I don't get it. Same with Bill Gates saying that he won't spoil his children with his billions? WHY? This doesn't make sense to me.

Fun fact: How baller is she? She owns or did own the company that manages the Empire State Building. BALLLLLLER.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/helmsleys-dog-gets-12-million-in-will/20070829060409990001

No comments: