Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Would You Pay This Much for Desert?

Those of you who know me know that sweets is not really my thing... I mean, you will definitely not catch me paying $20 for a desert... but it looks like there are some people out there who take their dessert much more seriously and would probably laugh at my desert cheapness.

Forbes has put together a list of expensive desserts, complete with pictures, prices, and locations, so you know where to go when the mood strikes to bust a wallet for some chocolate. Just how expensive can these desserts get? The pictured goody is $14,500. This dessert from The Fortress Aquamarine in Sri Lanka comes with an 80-carat gem. I suppose involving jewelry is bound to tip the prices a bit. And no, no one has purchased the $14,500 dessert yet.
http://www.forbestraveler.com/2007/05/07051001_slide_1.html?thisSpeed=undefined

No comments: