Friday, November 2, 2007

Handbagasm

I'd like to be involved in that threesome to the left...heh. Judith Leiber was recently voted the "most pretigious handbag brand". This comes as no real surprise to me... I love the glitz that comes with a "commercial" (aka -pediestrian, if there is such thing) Judith Leiber handbag -I can only imagine how amazing a custom-made one must be.

Since 1953, every American First Lady has carried a custom-made Leiber handbag to the Presidential Inauguration. Over the years, Judith Leiber's hand-crafted bejeweled creations have found their way into the permanent collections of The Smithsonian Institute, the Victoria and Albert Museum as well as the hands of discriminating women everywhere. It is therefore no surprise that Leiber handbags were named the most prestigious handbag brand in the Luxury Institute's 2007 Luxury Brand Status Index survey. The index surveys 783 high-net worth consumers with an average income of $305,000 per year and an average net worth of $2.2 million. In the survey, which included 26 high-end labels, Hermès and Prada also rose to the top, coming in second and third, respectively.
Prada is third? REALLY? I can think of better... I can't even remember the last time I purchased a Prada bag- what about the pseudo-obvious choice- Chanel?? Even better, I just want to qualify as one of the voters. I can only imagine the relative age bracket as well... how many 25 year olds would really qualify with those stats -- and then instinctively buy a Leiber? Eh.


http://www.luxist.com/2007/11/02/leiber-voted-most-prestigious-handbag-brand/

No comments: