Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Are Emus the New Uggs?

As I am contemplating on braving the winter this year, I know stranger things have happened... I was about to make the UGGS purchase. I have them in the low boot, but wanted something more subtantial, since any weather below 70 is FREEZING.


In my search , I came across an article showing celebrities wearing these new EMUs. Just like UGGS, the EMU boots are made in Australia and are made of sheepskin and merino wool. Frankly, I think they are better, because they are less UGG-ly... I tend to crack myself up only. Anyways, they are about $50 cheaper and supposedly just as good!
I'm thinking black... you can buy them on Amazon or here: http://www.thisnext.com/item/FFFE4B0A/E763D535/EMU-Australia-Womens-Hip-Boot

2 comments:

Dana Lynn said...

They look A LOT like Uggs... I guess I Have to see them in person but I like them. They look comfy and since its been in the 30's and 40's here, I have been wearing my Uggs A LOT!!

HLB said...

I've definitely seen those featured in a magazine, circa 2006 I believe. Love the boots, like the ties on the side better than the regular Uggs. So I would recommend that you purchase! For the cold weather, of course.