Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Disney Is Seriously Trying To Diversify Their Portfolio






Given the fact that three of my closest friends are getting married this year, I have done some dress/online research about finding the "perfect" dress. While there were some winners and some losers, I must say there was one "shocker". Maybe I didn't get the memo, but did anyone know that DISNEY made bridal wear?

Yes, Disney, the very same company that has been selling young girls the myth that if we sit around on our asses long enough, a prince will come and whisk you us off our feet (I should sue them for misrepresentation), is now selling young women wedding dresses inspired by the various Disney princesses: Ariel from The Little Mermaid, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Jasmine from Aladdin. The new Disney Bridal collection, now in its second season, rehashes the worst bridal design stereotypes and repackages them into looks that resemble those in the Disney movies we saw as kids... if we squint our eyes real hard, that is. Tragically, it's not as hysterical as I had hoped...

No comments: