Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The "INTELLIGENT" Woman Issue


It's time for ELLE's annual "intelligent women" issue! RUN, don't walk, girls. Thing is, the only examples of "intelligence" the magazine offers are Natalie "I went to Harvard" Portman, a horribly-timed interview with Michelle Williams (whom I can't really say that I consider part of the intelligent caste), and something called "The Beauty Genius Awards." So, basically, instead of featuring stories about intelligent women who actually deserve accolades, ELLE gives us celebrities, hairdressers, and make-up artists. WAIT- then again, maybe they are the smart ones... after all, I'm the one stuck in the office working for the man. Damn you ELLE for making me realize that higher education isn't where it's at.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha...I didnt even realize that was the intelligent woman issue, I just thought "Why is Natalie Portman on the cover when Michelle Williams has a six page spread?". Natalie never even said anything intelligent in that interview? I tend to search for other avenues when searching for strong intellegent advice from educated and succesful women, for instance If you're looking for more advice from intellectuals on business approaches or owning or developing your online business, you should check out Vision to Venture, which is 5 live events (April-May 2008) hosted by industry insiders showcasing trade secrets and featuring "Girl's Guide to Building a Million Dollar Business". One of the featured speakers, Susan Solovic, an award winning small business advocate, will be discussing online business promotion that’s easy and affordable. You should take a look at http://smallbusiness.officelive.com/v2v/; the event is completely geared towards us female entrepreneurs and provided by Microsoft. You should also look into their new web service Office Live Small Business, which is so easy to use and features a ton of resources on how to organize and manage an online business. If you have any questions let me know, I work with Microsoft and I'm always around!