Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Burger King: Cutting the Fat on Kids' Items

If you're anything like me, you enjoy the occassional McDonald's Happy Meal. Come on... what is there not to like? Well, anyways, up to this point, I wasn't even aware that Burger King had kids' meals. However, after reading this article, I don't think I will be making the switch. I love apples - but "Apple Fries". They will not be fried, but simply cut in the shape of fries and put in a fry box. WOW... that sounds ridiculously LAME. A positive note would be the grilled chicken tenders- maybe.


What was disturbing was what they were "cutting" the caloric/fat values to: "Burger King Holdings Inc., the world’s second largest hamburger chain, said it has set nutritional guidelines to follow when targeting children under 12 in advertising, including limiting ads to Kids Meals that contain no more than 560 calories, less than 30 percent of calories from fat and no more than 10 percent of calories from added sugars." Should kids really be having that many calories anyways? and what were they before? Hids.

ps- the new chicken tenders with apples will come in at around 305 calories, 8.5 grams fat. Not bad for a meal.


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20740405/from/RS.1/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I Now find myself craving a Whopper.