Sunday, September 30, 2007

What Can You Get For $47,100?

What a huge waste of money... $47,000 for a present for a 10 year old kid? Do you know what $47,000 can buy? While the family wishes to remain "anonymous"- won't we know who the 10 year old kid is once he's on the movie screen?

A 10-year-old boy will get a chance to play an extra in Will Ferrell's new movie after his father bought the role in a cancer-charity auction for more than $47,000. Will Ferrell decided to auction off a role to help a charity run by an old fraternity brother of his. The money will go to the Cancer for College foundation run by a fraternity brother of Ferrell's at the University of Southern California. The $47,100 high bidder, a man from Dallas, asked to remain anonymous. The opening bid was $5,000.

"Winning this auction means a lot to me on a very personal basis," the winner said in a statement released by the foundation. "I lost my mother to ovarian cancer a few years ago, so I feel fortunate that my 10-year-old and I are able to participate in an event involving Cancer for College and Will Ferrell."
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/27/people.ferrell.ap/index.html

No comments: