Sunday, October 21, 2007

NASCAR Shoes: Costume or Not?




I am all for fans showing support for their favorite teams or interests, but I think this might be taking it a little too far. NASCAR has a line of shoes designed especially for their lady fans, and I'll be quite honest, when I first heard about it without seeing a photo, I was prepared for the worst. Would they be shaped like cars, feature racing stripes, and a pocket for a Bud?Luckily, they're not quite that hideous. In fact, on first look, the black and white check with little orange strip on one and the shiny orange of the other aren't so "bad". I think it's just the pair of checked flags on the heel that 'gets me"... and isn't NASCAR more red? I don't know.

They're not bad for a costume I guess... or If you so dare wear these with your NASCAR zip-up full-body pit crew jumpsuit, they're available from at your NASCAR Superstore: http://store.nascar.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2478758&cp=2531908.2503570

ps- I am showing you the "best"... but I will also show you the worst - the neon green checkered cowboy boots for $200... oh yeah, they're real. You know someone will be sporting it in Charlotte, NC when the NASCAR Hall of Fame breaks ground...

No comments: